New Course: Using Mac with VoiceOver (Beginner)
MAST will be offering a 5 session course on using Mac with Voiceover. Learn the basics to using a Mac operating system (iMac, Macbook, Macbook Air included) and the shortcuts of voiceover in this in depth course. We will spread out the information over 5 weeks in two hour sessions. We are limiting this series to 5 participants so you will be sure to get your questions answered and receive individual attention when you need it.
This workshop is for the beginning Mac user, whether you have an iMac, Mac mini, or MacAir. We will introduce you to the Mac’s accessibility features including VoiceOver, Zoom and other accessibility settings. Basic navigation around the Mac desktop and applications such as Mail will be explored.
- Learn about the accessibility features of your Mac, including Zoom (magnification), VoiceOver, and Dictation (speech recognition). Learn other tips and tricks involving customizing settings to make the computer best work for you.
- Learn the advantages and disadvantages of each accessibility feature and which ones will best work for you in different situations.
- Learn how to navigate the dock/desktop and basic applications such as mail, notes and message.
- Choose which input method is best for you. Keyboarding, Dictation, Braille Displays will be introduced.
- Get troubleshooting assistance and learn what to do when your computer does not cooperate.
When: Thursdays starting in May (May 5, 12, 19, 26 and June 2) from 2:00pm-4:00pm
Where: MAST Offices/Conference room
Cost: $180 for the whole course
***EARLY BIRD SPECIAL!***
Register before March 31 and receive a 25% discount!
To save your space call or email Nik at firstname.lastname@example.org or (971) 217-0516